Cingular "Go Phone" Commercial
Philip S.
2006-05-18 02:50:23 UTC
Just caught this on some cable channel or other. Cingular's new Go Phone ad
features two teenage twin girls holding hands in a hotel corridor, saying
something like "Come and get your new cellphone, Danny", or something like
that. I had the sound down real low, so I really didn't catch all of it.

Anyone else seen this?
ichorwhip
No, I haven't, but thanks for the warning... , )
Padraig L Henry
2006-05-19 01:46:42 UTC
Post by ichorwhip
Post by Philip S.
Just caught this on some cable channel or other. Cingular's new Go Phone ad
features two teenage twin girls holding hands in a hotel corridor, saying
something like "Come and get your new cellphone, Danny", or something like
that. I had the sound down real low, so I really didn't catch all of it.
Anyone else seen this?
No, I haven't, but thanks for the warning... , )
We could well be watching micro versions of The Shining on
mobiles/cellphones soon enough. A recent film festival featured the
latest craze ["market niche"] in film-making: the mobile-cellphone
film - essentially short films downloadable to your mobile and
instantly "consumable on-the-go" ["Text one to your friend!"]. Could
become as popular as dial-tones. Surprisingly, a lot of "serious"
film-makers are approaching it all very, er, seriously ...

Canada's first Mobile Film Festival, PALM MOBIFEST, in Toronto, for
instance, has just started:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2006/17/c0145.html

Got a minute? New York Minute Film Festival Wants Your 60-Second
Masterpiece ...

Belgium is to run its first ever mobile phone film festival, reports
Le Soir. The idea is to create a new art form of films captured on,
you guessed it ...
http://www.telecom.paper.nl/site/news_ta.asp?type=abstract&id=128142

Padraig
"Wendy, go check out the radio. Go check it out!!!"
Boaz
2006-05-19 02:31:14 UTC
Post by Padraig L Henry
Post by ichorwhip
Post by Philip S.
[...]
I'd be happy to settle for a ringtone of Jack Nicholson saying,
"Heeeeeerrrrrrrre's Johnny!"

Boaz
("We're sorry. Your call cannot be completed as dialed.")
Alex Thrawn
2006-05-19 03:20:10 UTC
Post by Philip S.
something like "Come and get your new cellphone, Danny"
That's called selective hearing OR just wishful thinking. I taped the
ad for my collection and the girls are a Shining pardoy, but grungier.
They say, "Weeee want a cell phone...."

Alex
www.malcolmmcdowell.net
d***@hotmail.com
2006-05-19 09:42:19 UTC
"Give me a piece of momma daddy never had."
Bill Reid
2006-05-19 14:23:09 UTC
Bill Reid
2006-05-20 00:27:11 UTC
Alex Thrawn
2006-05-20 06:27:40 UTC
I posted a pair of scans on my site, so judge for yourself. By grungier
I mean it's darker than the well lit original Kubrick Version.

Alex
www.malcolmmcdowell.net