For the late night crew of the shuttle. there is shuttling
Add Reply
KelpsZoidzl
2021-10-26 08:31:14 UTC
I don't know about the functioning of the weather thread....
Yeah we broke the weather thread I guess

It cycled for me too. Then it finally posted.
Don Stockbauer
2021-10-27 00:52:57 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
I don't know about the functioning of the weather thread....
Yeah we broke the weather thread I guess
It cycled for me too. Then it finally posted.
For a few months I would scroll halfway down and it would cycle there but at least it would stay there a minute or so and then keep going , finally a few weeks ago it would get to that cycling point and never come out of it but there's always this thread.
I don't know what to say about Buddhism anymore I think we have a Mexican standoff between Buddhism and the globalbrain
KelpsZoidzl
Ya see, the Global Brain was very high on my list as a adolescent. Buddhism actually is it. Can't reinvent the wheel. It's entirely experiential. There is no short cut and have to pick up every stitch.
Don Stockbauer
Well, it's not reinventing the wheel, it's merely another iteration toward Reality. And you do know that this discussion could go on and on and on and on and on until one or the other of us dies , or we come to our senses and JOOTS early , to use a hofstadter term.
Don Stockbauer
Hey kelp Here is something we can actually discuss . before 4K the opening sequence for 2001 on earth you couldn't really see any detail however with 4K you can actually see the continents of earth do you think the 4K people put that in or did Stanley have that information there originally?
KelpsZoidzl
2021-11-01 10:16:11 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
Hmmm. What about Cinema, yes everything is there. Of course DVD is pretty low res, then BLUERAY is still pretty low res. 4K is still pretty low too. 8k is waiting in the wings. Digital is not going to top analog images.
How are you viewing 2001 currently?

I have 4k TV. and 4K COMPUTER MONITOR and 4K computer. All things digital are convenient but a dumbing down of the Analog world.
Lowest common denominator of One's and Zero's played back on One's and Zero's
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-02 04:49:56 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
I was viewing the intro to 2001 on an iPhone using YouTube which admittedly is low res and the object in the foreground could not be distinguished between the moon or the earth . however I went to a laptop that had 4K and the Object in the foreground is definitely the moon with craters and Maria and the earth shows even details like continents . I don't think Kubrick put in that fine of detail to show continents and if the 4K people added it I wonder how they got permission to alter Kubrick's original content. that's really all I was saying.
Definitely not "added" People doing those transfers are more reverent than that. They know they would be crucified if they fingered Kubrick, with some fake Kubrick.
KelpsZoidzl
2021-11-02 10:44:25 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
Some Jupiter footage

Those new photos of Jupiter are pretty cool.

The celestial bodies are part of our world. Too close if you ask me I'm sure there are some weird monsters on some of those moons--and what chance is there that Serpent headed humanoids don't rule Jupiter. Luckily we are different dimensions than they are---most of the time.
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-03 08:29:09 UTC
http://youtu.be/ZWLG9vFVFwQ
Sounds reasonable to me compared to most of the stuff going on nowadays.
KelpsZoidzl
"There would be no shocking memories, and the prevailing emotion will be one of nostalgia for those left behind, combined *** with a spirit of bold curiosity for the adventure ahead! [******involuntarily gives the Nazi salute and forces it down with his other hand]Ahhh!"
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-06 18:31:38 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
Stanley certainly produced some of the most iconic, memorable scenes in movie making, didn't he?

Also that sequence where his own hand is attempting to choke him to death and him having to bite it to get it to go away.
And Slim Pickens riding the bomb like a broncing stallion , the great scenes just go on and on.
Don Stockbauer
and that scene of that little baby feller what come back to Earth and he's just staring they're dead panting right at the camera and he done saved earth by exploding all them orbiting nuclear weapons just like we need now all them orbiting nuclear weapons destroyed and also the ones on earth was a little baby didn't realize it was when he destroyed all the nuclear weapons on earth he extinct as humanity because it was an out in space where they detonated harmony bringing a false brief norm it was down on earth where it destroyed humanity and he said oops I guess I made a mistake but then he thought to himself because he would think of something that well no big loss will the rest of the universe even notice that humanity went extinct no they'll just carry on like usual it will be of no more consequence than say one person dying in the city they just haul the old guy off to the morgue it's like you know you act up at work and the boss calls you and says hey bud there's 100 people standing in line at the door one in your job so same way with the human race there's thousands of other intelligent human alien not human 80 that's a mistake there's 1000 other intelligent alien races just waiting there to take our place so our extinction doesn't mean anything have a nice day
KelpsZoidzl
2021-11-12 00:00:55 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
I could add to your list but don't know if I have the energy at the moment.

Every film he made has numerous, truly Iconic moments.

What scenes pop in the mind for each film?
Don Stockbauer
In 2001: ASO they make a shuttle trip from Clavius to Tycho and Kubrick displayed the earth in the lunar sky several times and it goes through impossible changes in phase and altitude above the lunar horizon for that short trip.
Don Stockbauer
I remember noticing that at one point but I've never rechecked it and I come up with these things where I never receive one word of feedback on them.
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-15 07:15:16 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
The more you beg people for feedback the less feedback you'll get. It's just like if you have a friend and you notice the friend isn't talking to you much anymore and you draw that to their attention you'll get to talk
to them even less . funny how that works.
Don Stockbauer
The way feedback works is if a system has no feedback it will either go to explosion or extinction as far as what it processes . I'm not sure how that works with feedback between humans , if you get no feedback basically what it means you're in the dark you have no information to go by so you just do whatever you want.
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-22 02:22:55 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by KelpsZoidzl
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
so after the Star Child exploded the orbiting nuclear weapons so they would pose no threat to the earth he hung around and didn't know what to do next but he would think of something , hopefully he would think about destroying all the nuclear and conventional weapons on the surface or else his trip to earth was wasted.