Kubrick Playboy 1968
s***@hotmail.com
2015-08-06 03:44:14 UTC
Below is a link to a digitally restored PDF of the SK Playboy interview:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vhv3cx7l16u4ba6/

I wanted to have this ready for SK's birthday last week, but matching the pre-digital era typography took longer than expected.

This is a pre-final review copy. I have to put this aside for a few weeks before I attempt to proof it again. Any glaring typos or fixes, just post here or e-mail.

I'm sure you'll agree that this looks better than the 47-year-old print version itself. I will post again when it's final.

Playboy gets cranky about reprinting their material, so the PDF is electronically signed to be screen viewing only. If you get the annoying digital signature bar in Acrobat, just click the green checkmark in the upper left to make it vanish.

Enjoy,

Steve
h***@gmail.com
2015-08-06 22:59:20 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
http://www.mediafire.com/view/vhv3cx7l16u4ba6/
I wanted to have this ready for SK's birthday last week, but matching the pre-digital era typography took longer than expected.
This is a pre-final review copy. I have to put this aside for a few weeks before I attempt to proof it again. Any glaring typos or fixes, just post here or e-mail.
I'm sure you'll agree that this looks better than the 47-year-old print version itself. I will post again when it's final.
Playboy gets cranky about reprinting their material, so the PDF is electronically signed to be screen viewing only. If you get the annoying digital signature bar in Acrobat, just click the green checkmark in the upper left to make it vanish.
Why can't we just pull out our old Playboy from our collection, or read
it in the "The Making of 2001"?

Also, after hearing that Kubrick demanded to rewrite his interviews, and
listening to the tape of an actual verbal interview in the "2001" blu-ray
extras, I am not that interested in reading his carefully written responses
to questions he answered originally like an idiot.

---
William Ernest "WAAAAYYYY Off The Record" Reid
s***@hotmail.com
2015-08-06 23:54:44 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Why can't we just pull out our old Playboy from our collection, or read
it in the "The Making of 2001"?
Nothing's stopping you.

I wanted to preserve the original format due to that issue being almost half a century old, and Playboy not offering digital editions of these older back issues. It took locating two near-mint copies to get a clean scan of the 18 pages.
Post by h***@gmail.com
Also, after hearing that Kubrick demanded to rewrite his interviews, and
listening to the tape of an actual verbal interview in the "2001" blu-ray
extras, I am not that interested in reading his carefully written responses
to questions he answered originally like an idiot.
Yeah, going through that Playboy interview with a fine-tooth comb, it's obviously not a normal speaking voice being transcribed by an interviewer. The precise quotations SK uses throughout, for instance, are a dead giveaway of a re-written interview.

Regards,

Steve
h***@gmail.com
2015-08-07 22:53:03 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
I wanted to preserve the original format due to that issue being almost half a century old, and Playboy not offering digital editions of these older back issues. It took locating two near-mint copies to get a clean scan of the 18 pages.
Now THAT'S taking "I only read Playboy for the articles" to a whole new
level...

---
William Ernest "I Only Read The Braille Edition And I'm Not Blind...Yet" Reid
kelpzoidzl
2015-08-08 01:45:56 UTC
I tried to see it and it says temporarily unavailable..

But i'll try again. Thanks
Don Stockbauer
2015-08-08 03:37:52 UTC
You mean... Playboy has pictures????
s***@hotmail.com
2015-08-08 16:52:26 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
I tried to see it and it says temporarily unavailable..
Mediafire's online PDF viewer can't parse it. It's a signed/encrypted PDF to be downloaded and viewed in Adobe Acrobat.

Regards,

Steve
s***@hotmail.com
2018-07-23 06:12:17 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
This is a pre-final review copy.
Video on my digital restoration of the SK Playboy interview for 2001:aso's 50th anniversary, which will be released to AMK in a few days:

Regards,

Steve
s***@hotmail.com
2018-09-25 05:26:32 UTC
Rod Munday has kindly transcribed Jun'ichi Yao's 1980 phoner with SK, where he goes into detail about the ending of 2001:aso (contrarily to his position in the 1968 Playboy interview).

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0122.html

source vid:

Steve
Don Stockbauer
2018-10-02 03:57:32 UTC
I buy Playboy mainly for their intellectual articles.
Don Stockbauer
2018-10-08 10:38:57 UTC
Boy. Miss June, 1912. Hoooooo-Wheeereee!!!!!!