For the late night crew of the shuttle. there is shuttling
Add Reply
KelpsZoidzl
2021-10-26 08:31:14 UTC
I don't know about the functioning of the weather thread....
Yeah we broke the weather thread I guess

It cycled for me too. Then it finally posted.
Don Stockbauer
2021-10-27 00:52:57 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
I don't know about the functioning of the weather thread....
Yeah we broke the weather thread I guess
It cycled for me too. Then it finally posted.
For a few months I would scroll halfway down and it would cycle there but at least it would stay there a minute or so and then keep going , finally a few weeks ago it would get to that cycling point and never come out of it but there's always this thread.
I don't know what to say about Buddhism anymore I think we have a Mexican standoff between Buddhism and the globalbrain
KelpsZoidzl
Ya see, the Global Brain was very high on my list as a adolescent. Buddhism actually is it. Can't reinvent the wheel. It's entirely experiential. There is no short cut and have to pick up every stitch.
Don Stockbauer
Well, it's not reinventing the wheel, it's merely another iteration toward Reality. And you do know that this discussion could go on and on and on and on and on until one or the other of us dies , or we come to our senses and JOOTS early , to use a hofstadter term.
Don Stockbauer
Hey kelp Here is something we can actually discuss . before 4K the opening sequence for 2001 on earth you couldn't really see any detail however with 4K you can actually see the continents of earth do you think the 4K people put that in or did Stanley have that information there originally?
KelpsZoidzl
2021-11-01 10:16:11 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
Hmmm. What about Cinema, yes everything is there. Of course DVD is pretty low res, then BLUERAY is still pretty low res. 4K is still pretty low too. 8k is waiting in the wings. Digital is not going to top analog images.
How are you viewing 2001 currently?

I have 4k TV. and 4K COMPUTER MONITOR and 4K computer. All things digital are convenient but a dumbing down of the Analog world.
Lowest common denominator of One's and Zero's played back on One's and Zero's
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-02 04:49:56 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
I was viewing the intro to 2001 on an iPhone using YouTube which admittedly is low res and the object in the foreground could not be distinguished between the moon or the earth . however I went to a laptop that had 4K and the Object in the foreground is definitely the moon with craters and Maria and the earth shows even details like continents . I don't think Kubrick put in that fine of detail to show continents and if the 4K people added it I wonder how they got permission to alter Kubrick's original content. that's really all I was saying.
Definitely not "added" People doing those transfers are more reverent than that. They know they would be crucified if they fingered Kubrick, with some fake Kubrick.
KelpsZoidzl
2021-11-02 10:44:25 UTC
Post by KelpsZoidzl
[...]
Some Jupiter footage

Those new photos of Jupiter are pretty cool.

The celestial bodies are part of our world. Too close if you ask me I'm sure there are some weird monsters on some of those moons--and what chance is there that Serpent headed humanoids don't rule Jupiter. Luckily we are different dimensions than they are---most of the time.
Don Stockbauer
2021-11-03 08:29:09 UTC
http://youtu.be/ZWLG9vFVFwQ
Sounds reasonable to me compared to most of the stuff going on nowadays.
KelpsZoidzl