Happy New Year, Kubrick style
MP
2011-01-01 14:21:03 UTC
"I spend the Vietnamese lunar New Year's Eve, 1968, at the Freedom
Hill PX near Da Nang, watching John Wayne in The Green Berets, a
Hollywood soap opera about the love of guns." - Pvt Joker (FMJ
screenplay)

Happy New Year, maggots. Every zipperhead in Nam will be banging
gongs, barking at the moon and visiting his dead relatives right about
now. Poor dumb bastards.
Don Stockbauer
2011-01-01 16:14:49 UTC
http://youtu.be/nlYYo5PzlUc
You're speaking of the Vietnam Folly, right?
rialcnis
2011-01-02 06:52:09 UTC
Another year without a new Kubrick film.

or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.

But Happy New year anyway
rialcnis
2011-01-02 06:54:03 UTC
Actually there has been a "new" Heinlein book. his lost, first book.
Don Stockbauer
Hell, just whip up an expert system on them and have it have at it.
MickeyMoop
2011-01-03 17:59:41 UTC
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Don Stockbauer

OOOOOpps! It's already here.
kelpzoidzl
2011-01-04 00:39:14 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.

More like global dementia settling in.

devo
Don Stockbauer
2011-01-04 15:51:22 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.
More like global dementia settling in.
devo
"Fantastic insight into the true nature of Reality is isomorphIc to
insanity."
kelpzoidzl
And Pecans are the metaphor for pecans.
kelpzoidzl
2011-01-05 00:49:07 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.
More like global dementia settling in.
devo
"Fantastic insight into the true nature of Reality is isomorphIc to
insanity."
And Pecans are the metaphor for pecans.
And no Pecan is ever...

...just a pecan.
Don Stockbauer
2011-01-05 06:55:27 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.
More like global dementia settling in.
devo
"Fantastic insight into the true nature of Reality is isomorphIc to
insanity."
And Pecans are the metaphor for pecans.
And no Pecan  is ever...
...just a pecan.
We all live in a Yellow Pecan. Extant just beond the causal horizon.
Just try to prove me wrong!!!!
MickeyMoop
2011-01-07 22:14:54 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.
More like global dementia settling in.
devo
"Fantastic insight into the true nature of Reality is isomorphIc to
insanity."
And Pecans are the metaphor for pecans.
And no Pecan  is ever...
...just a pecan.- -
And no Elizabeth McGovern is ever just a metaphor for sublime bio-
chemical {this just in, people, from Lt. Kakutani - hominids out, the
new term is 'hominins'} carbon-based lifeforms. "Downton Abbey"
playing for you, Sunday.
MickeyMoop
"You are {our} shining star; don't you go away." Book 'em, Donno.
Don Stockbauer
"Man Driven Nuts (Pecans) by Complexity of Universe - Film at 11."
MickeyMoop
2011-01-08 14:28:16 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.
More like global dementia settling in.
devo
"Fantastic insight into the true nature of Reality is isomorphIc to
insanity."-  -
   "You are {our} shining star; don't you go away." Book 'em, Donno.
"Man Driven Nuts (Pecans) by Complexity of Universe - Film at 11."- -
NOW that you should see, what a swinging artist like Jerilea Zempel
can do to a tank with crochet(ed) doilies, that you should see. "Anne"
Honey West "Francis" morte at 80.
Don Stockbauer
You exist in a different Universe than I.
MickeyMoop
Get some, stranger in a strange land.
Don Stockbauer
Some what, water brother? Usually that refers to "get some ass".
MickeyMoop
2011-01-10 21:38:08 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
Get some Dos Equis, Gunga Don. Harry's "clothesline of horrors" -
Ecce Post-Renaissance Hombre. Teddy bear{s} parade, hum hum.
Don Stockbauer
I'm on enough meds that I don't need to get drunk too.
kelpzoidzl
List your Mede and we can discuss. Side effects
Don Stockbauer
2011-02-12 11:09:39 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
List your Mede and we can discuss. Side effects
Complete and Consistent List of Medes:

1. Mede
MickeyMoop
2011-02-12 15:19:57 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
List your Mede and we can discuss. Side effects
1.  Mede- -
2. Memes - Lincoln in Cincinnati. "God be with you, enforce the
laws and save our country. Here's your health." - toast from a large
German male sitting on a beer barrel at Vine St. with lager, 12
February 1861. Ted Widmer, helluva historian.
kelpzoidzl
2011-02-13 07:59:24 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
List your Mede and we can discuss. Side effects
1.  Mede
I am only interested in studying the moments of hysteria, to see what
makes them tick.

The key to Ahysteria is emphemeral humors, lightly floured and toasted
before searing them in the fires of the bottonless pit beneath your
feet. OH! Hot marble(s)! Yea who drinketh from this Cup, shall have
everlasting diarhea and suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous
diverticuli.
MickeyMoop
2011-02-12 15:12:04 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
List your Mede and we can discuss. Side effects- -
Medes are pretty cool. Cyrus was suave. Roxanne. I have high hopes
for the Medes. This doctor of traffic engineering has GOTTA GO.
MickeyMoop
2011-01-14 21:35:16 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
   Happy New Year of the Rabbits, droogies. I'd luv to see a film
version of "Podikayne of Mars."
Childhood's End.
OOOOOpps!  It's already here.
You've been eating too many pickled pecans, me thinks.
More like global dementia settling in.
devo
"Fantastic insight into the true nature of Reality is isomorphIc to
insanity."-  -
   "You are {our} shining star; don't you go away." Book 'em, Donno.
"Man Driven Nuts (Pecans) by Complexity of Universe - Film at 11."- -
   NOW that you should see, what a swinging artist like Jerilea Zempel
can do to a tank with crochet(ed) doilies, that you should see. "Anne"
Honey West "Francis" morte at 80.-
Bobby Robinson, "Happy House" record store proprietor and prince
of Harlem, 93 years. Ellen Stewart, La MaMa, 91 years. "Better pass
boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion."
Shalom.
Don Stockbauer
A failed parachute is good at that.
MickeyMoop
2011-01-15 19:03:10 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
RAISE your glass to Major Richard Winters, 92 years. - 'his few,
his band of brothers' - to them all, to his parachute, to Easy Company.
Don Stockbauer
Raise your glass to the 700 billion who have preceded us.
MickeyMoop
2011-01-21 20:28:27 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
The 700 billion, by your estimation, include Neanderthals,
Denisovians, austrianpithicusers et. al?
Don Stockbauer
2011-01-22 02:32:59 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
Not sure. Clarke says in 2001: ASO the book that each person alive
now is preceded by 100 ancestors. He doesn't specify whether that's
just homo sap or if the figure includes the other forms you mention
and/or more. Let's have a seance and find out.
MickeyMoop
2011-01-22 16:00:34 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
Click and shine, brother "The Gift Outright" viddied at
KubrickArt.Com, Gallery 7 - that which survives.
Don Stockbauer
Next command, General?
MickeyMoop
2011-01-23 21:45:46 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
Next command, General?- -
Wellll, Pilgrim, Galleries 1-6 and 8 are outstanding too. To the
NY Qubitimes and its motley Sunday crew this day.
Don Stockbauer
2011-02-07 01:13:00 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
I'm out here by the Nuner Live Oak. I'm (drum roll):

OUT STANDING IN MY FIELD.
MickeyMoop
2011-02-06 23:47:14 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
Are ye quitting on this thread, Private Cowboy? Then quit, you
snowbound super bovine punching simulation! Qbit this. Joshua Horatio
Christus, no cheerleaders at a Super Bowl in Texas! Und Steinem raved
that reading Playboy was like reading a Nazi publication. OOT - Viggo
in Snow White, pass it on.
Don Stockbauer
2011-02-07 01:24:20 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
in Snow White, pass it on.- Hide quoted text -
Quit? And forgo this infinite exercise in friviolity? Never.
MickeyMoop
Then burst thru the door of Gen & O'Keefe's hubbardfest yonder.
Don Stockbauer
Bob Kehler and Georgia? Never. Discretion prohibits.
MickeyMoop
2011-02-12 21:01:01 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
Roxana was from Bactria, ok? ....Salinger was an O'yeah combat
veteran; raise your glass to the 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry
Division.
kelpzoidzl
2011-02-13 07:43:38 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
3. Meal. Consists of numerous kinds of bloodsport or thrashings,
brewed together into a pudding of proto-feces.
kelpzoidzl
2011-02-13 08:06:18 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
   Roxana was from Bactria, ok?
Oh, Bactria
Oh, Bactria

The Jews on the road sell me gizmos and new camel stirrups.
Scythians, saying strange things about desert plants. Xeuchi had 'em.
Zoroaster Jesus and then Gautama who puzzled them all. Imbroiled in
warring filial pieties we march onward figthing over the waterholes.
Who is the Grand Ant?
MickeyMoop
2011-02-13 19:27:34 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
She's done a man's work, sir. {notice how she just kicks the
thread {any thread} around with Steverino?) I leave them to the
glories of auditing grotesque acts of self-abasement. Over here, with
Rachael & Richard Deckard, divorcee, canoodling in their youtubish way
in my gulliver, I proudly declare the Grand Ant is Vito Antuofermo.
UND if SK believed "The Godfather" to be the greatest motion picture
of all time, who are we to question?
Don Stockbauer
2011-02-14 01:36:04 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
"Ah shore hated tuh see him go. He was tha' one what larned me good
English."
MickeyMoop
2011-02-14 22:53:25 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by kelpzoidzl
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by rialcnis
[...]
I'm still a-waitin' for that Bodine couple's reality show. {and
they really named their kid Bowman}

MickeyMoop
2011-01-08 14:31:11 UTC
Post by rialcnis
Another year without a new Kubrick film.
or a new Heinlein or Clarke book.
But Happy New year anyway
Ray Bradbury lives. Gung Hay Fat Choi!