Insane Bitching At Cafe AMK
Harry Bailey
2009-02-27 15:35:14 UTC
GENEVIEVE: I'm so proud I said Adieu to all those internet arguments.
They're not worth the time and company I am having now in my favourite
local cafe, all of us drinking our favourite tea.
MR LOWLIFE: Your favourite coffee.
GENEVIEVE: Favourite coffee? I THINK NOT! I don't remember my mother
ever mentioning drinking coffee in cafes, she always preferred
drinking tea.
MR LOWLIFE: Yeah, that may have been so, but this is a Starbucks, and
everyone here, including yourself, is drinking coffee.
GENEVIEVE: It could not have been possible in Austria for working
class people to regularly drink coffee as I doubt it is for many in
America today. My grandparents (before they were drafted) used the few
leftover tea leaves their children left (my mother and her siblings)
before and during the beverage war. Children were dying of thirst in
Germany and Austria. And it was even worse after the war. I tend to
believe oral history rather than facts and statistics. Statistics do
not tell the real story . Also, I wonder how much coffee-drinking is
subsidized.
(WAITER: Anyone for more coffee? Lovely, lovely coffee, latte,
capuchino?)
MR LOWLIFE: I was referring to this restaurant, to the fact that it
serves coffee and that coffee is in fact what we are all now drinking.
Are you really refuting this, claiming that you are drinking tea?
GENEVIEVE: I read many books about beverages in different countries.
What does that have to do with my mother's, aunts and uncles' near
starvation and their not being able to drink coffee? That they and
their parents
deserved it?! You present facts (or avoid them ) in an odd way in
order to bolster your thesis or theses.
MR LOWLIFE: Yes, corroborating an argument or a proposition by
reference to the evidence is indeed very odd.
This really has nothing to do with your family, as that wasn't what I
was referring to. What was being observed was the simple phenomenon of
this being a Starbucks restaurant and that we are all drinking coffee.
Are you still disputing this?
KELPZOIDYL: It's all them wacko commies and terrorists and Islamo
types! They're everywhere, trying to infiltrate our cafes with their
wacko coffee!!
GENEVIEVE: Bravo, Kelpzoidyl. You provide what is missing in Mr
Lowlife's sterile claims. Sterile, Mr Lowlife, because your statements
although erudite at times not only lack empathy but something more:
"agape." . Non-judgemental "love" or goodwill; acceptance, and
understanding of humanity. I would add: Don't be so
constantly judgemental. Millions of us are struggling without coffee
and you have NO idea - and I wonder if you care - who we are, what our
personal stories are and what we are doing to improve our tea, our
communities, country and family life. I wonder, if we were all
sitting far apart using the internet, how differently would we treat
each other? These cafe arguments are not worth the time and company I
am missing at my laptop with my favourite tea.
MR LOWLIFE: That's very non-judgemental of you. I'm again left
wondering what any of this has to do with your original claim that
we're drinking tea in this coffee restaurant.
ICHORWHIP: I'm very torn about this coffee-tea duality. I just want to
ignore everything bad about this cafe, proven, misconstrued or false,
and acknowledge that it's the venue and inspiration for some of the
greatest ice cream I've ever consumed.
BILL REID: "Icky-Whipped" is STALKING me! I'm gonna SUE SUE SUE him
for libel and get a restraining order, my whole life's ambition.
Waiter, waiter! Call my lawyer!
BOAZ: Mr Lowlife is in full force, Gen, this Starbucks cafe's answer
to Ignatius Reilly. He is on a roll, his teacup a modern-day Big Chief
tablet, attacking the capitalist tea-swine when he's not attacking the
glove, which around here lately has been hard to distinguish.
GENEVIEVE: It is his generalizations and one-dimensional
characterizations of tea, of cafes, of individuals, countries, groups,
(usually tea-lovers) and isms not to mention preaching and coffee-talk
that irritates me. And he never sends any help manuals or coffee
parcels. I mean, if he really wants to help us, why not send some
coffee beans, supplies, dark ale or chocolate? We do accept donations
in America - see also stimulus parcels. Please send coffee and money
now, I'm not kidding!
MR LOWLIFE: To what level of tea-obsessed abuse and insanity will you
sink to get your way?
GENEVIEVE: All you do is judge, judge, judge (coffee, coffee, coffee).
Stop calling me an anti-coffee bigot you bastard; members of my family
were nearly sent to the camps due to my family's tea-loving background
and their
political views on coffee beans. It's not only the political, Mr
Lowlife, it is the personal. And don't give me that Marxist shite
about the political is the personal is the political is the coffee
beans.
MR LOWLIFE: Gen, you've picked on the wrong coffee-lover to try and
peddle and escalate your twisted, hypocritical insults and ad hominem
ravings. Bitch, slut, cunt!
BOAZ: You want the world to kiss your Marxist coffee-loving ass, all
the while you do nothing but spew your hatred. Go ahead and come after
me now, you percolated turd. Come after me with your superior coffee.
Let's just see some of that brilliance as you safely sequester
yourself behind your coffee cup. You are a worthless, lowlife scum.
Just another coffee-educated idiot who is out of touch with the tea-
drinking world.
KELPZOIDYL: It's a wacko commie coffee conspiracy. And this place
doesn't even show Buffy videos. Nuke all 'em terrorists!
GENEVIEVE (wearing a ***@gmail.com mask): You have the lunacy
to accuse a person of ad-hominem attacks and insults, and then you
call Gen a cunt and a bitch.
GENEVIEVE: Thank you, luke.arron, for having the courage to speak out
against Mr Lowlife’s misogynist and sexist insult. To the men and
women in this cafe who do not support the language of coffee-drinking,
sexism and violence against women (and men) please report this
offensive language to the proper authorities. Waiter! Waiter! He's
offending me! Boo hoo hoo, boo hoo hoo, boo hoo hoo ..........
WAITER: Aw, aw, don't you like the coffee here? Anyone for more
coffee?
p***@yahoo.com
2009-02-27 20:58:31 UTC
LOL, Padraig, Touché I give you credit for posting a hilarious
message. (I do not know who luke... is but I am not posing as him).
The last part was so-so but please do not take that as an insult.

Cheers,

Gen
Padraig L Henry
2009-02-27 23:05:36 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
LOL, Padraig, Touché I give you credit for posting a hilarious
message. (I do not know who luke... is but I am not posing as him).
The last part was so-so but please do not take that as an insult.
Cheers,
Gen
I can offer you Father Ted's Eurovision entry for further levity, My
Lovely Horse:

[If only Redmond Barry (Lyndon) had adopted this approach to horsey
matters]
p***@yahoo.com
2009-02-28 01:16:08 UTC
Lovely http://youtu.be/jzYzVMcgWhg
[If only Redmond Barry (Lyndon) had adopted this approach to horsey
matters]
The psychedelic background should appeal to David Kelps.

I appreciate this Padraig because I love horses but I admit to not
having the nerve to warch Father Ted: Pulp Fiction - does the newest
pope appreciate their lifestyle?
I recently watched this

from Channel 4 (a friend taped it and sent it as a DVD); it is not
funny; however, and it will never be broadcast on American television,
not even on PBS, alas. (I assume that you saw it). Not that I want to
get OT or political or anything ;)

Seriously, Boaz, I would LOVE to go bowling :)

Gen, sippin her tea
Tobasco
2009-02-27 21:08:36 UTC
Tobasco: Hey would you all mind not waving your hands and heads around
so much? I'm trying to watch There Will Be Blood - it's distracting.
And I'd like another one of those milkless lattes --- jumbo.
Padraig L Henry
2009-02-27 23:12:27 UTC
Post by Tobasco
Tobasco: Hey would you all mind not waving your hands and heads around
so much?  I'm trying to watch There Will Be Blood - it's distracting.
And I'd like another one of those milkless lattes --- jumbo.
Milkless latte? Not in the Korova Milk Bar. At least try some KitKat
to accompany it, and understand why Kubrick needed so many takes
before securing the ideal KitKat quotient:

[He had the same pboblem on 2001:

ichorwhip
2009-02-27 23:21:30 UTC
"I drink your mocha! SSSSSSSSSSSSLURP! I drink it up!"
b***@yahoo.com
Anybody up for some bowling? ;-)
b***@yahoo.com
2009-02-28 01:45:10 UTC
<snip "The Troll-Man Cometh" -- still needs to have some work done on
it>

Moving on to another watering hole... This Irishman could write!

Boaz
("Well, now we're back to where we were, yes? Just like before and all
forgotten? Right, right, right?")
p***@yahoo.com
2009-02-28 02:08:51 UTC
http://youtu.be/sfMDiu1dUY4
Boaz
("Well, now we're back to where we were, yes? Just like before and all
forgotten? Right, right, right?")
Heh, good post, great author, fine quote, Boaz - which Kubrick film
does it come from?
BTW, I think it was American Experience or American Masters that
produced a fine program on Eugene O'Neill last year. It was very
moving...

Gen
b***@yahoo.com
2009-02-28 04:31:15 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
Post by b***@yahoo.com
<snip "The Troll-Man Cometh" -- still needs to have some work done on
it>
Moving on to another watering hole... This Irishman could write!
http://youtu.be/sfMDiu1dUY4
Boaz
("Well, now we're back to where we were, yes? Just like before and all
forgotten? Right, right, right?")
Heh, good post, great author, fine quote, Boaz - which Kubrick film
does it come from?
ACO.
Post by p***@yahoo.com
BTW, I think it was American Experience or American Masters that
produced a fine program on Eugene O'Neill last year. It was very moving...
Did you notice Robert Redford in the cast there? He was Parritt. And I
think I recognized a young James Broderick as Willie Oban (he was the
one in the tattered clothes who sang the dirty song in the scene).
Sidney Lumet directed this for live television, I think.

This is my all-time favorite play, by the way. I enjoyed the John
Frankenheimer film version that starred Lee Marvin as Hickey. I saw it
and read the play in college, and I've been a life-long O'Neill fan
ever since. As Hickey says to Larry early in act two:

"Hell, you ought to know me better. I've always been the best natured
slob in the world. Of course, I have pity. But now I've seen the
light, it isn't my old kind of pity -- the kind yours is. It isn't the
kind that lets itself off easy by encouraging some poor guy to go on
kidding himself with a lie -- the kind that leaves the poor slob worse
off because it makes him feel guiltier than ever -- the kind that
makes his lying hopes nag at him and reproach him until he's a rotten
skunk in his own eyes. I know all about that kind of pity. I've had a
bellyful of it in my time, and it's all wrong!"

Great stuff, great theater.

Boaz
("I know all about that game from soup to nuts. I'm the guy that wrote
the book." - Eugene O'Neill, The Iceman Cometh)
kelpzoidzl
2009-02-28 04:51:09 UTC
Post by Harry Bailey
[...]
Will you fascists all shut I'm watching buffy

Doctor: Mrs. Summers, you have to understand the severity of what's
happened to your daughter. Over the last 6 years she's been in a
undifferentiated type of schizophrenia...

Hank: We know what her condition is. That's not what we're asking.

Doctor: Buffy's delusion is multi-layered. She believes she's some
type of hero.

JOYCE: the Slayer?

Doctor: The Slayer, right. But that's only one level. She's also
created an intricate latticework to support her primary delusion. In
her mind, she's the central figure in a fantastic world beyond
imagination. She's surrounded herself with friends, most with their
own super-powers, who are as real to her as you or me. More so,
unfortunately. Together they face grand, overblown conflicts against
an assortment of monsters both imaginary and rooted in actual myth.
Every time we think we're getting through to her, more fanciful
enemies magically appear and she's...

BUFFY: My enemies...Warren... and Jonathan, they did this to me!

Doctor: Buffy, it's alright. They can't hurt you here, you're with
your family.

BUFFY: Dawn...

Hank: That's the sister, right?

Doctor: The magical key. Buffy inserted Dawn into her delusion,
actually rewriting the entire history of it, to accommodate the need
for a familial bond. Buffy, but that created inconsistencies, didn't
it? Your sister, your friends, all those people you created,
Sunnydale. They aren't as comforting as they once were, are they?
They're coming apart.

JOYCE: Buffy, listen to what the doctor's saying, it's important.

Doctor: Buffy, you used to create these grand villains to battle
against. And now what is it? Just ordinary students you want to high
school with. No gods, or monsters. Just 3 pathetic little men, who
like playing with toys.
---------------------------------------

BUFFY: When ... When did the building fall down?

SPIKE: I don't know. Must have been sometime between the first time
and the, uh...

BUFFY: Oh. Oh my god.

(...)

BUFFY: Shoe, need my shoe.

SPIKE: What's the hurry, luv?

BUFFY: The hurry is I left Dawn all night. And don't call me love.

SPIKE: You didn't seem to take issue with that last night. Or with any
of the other little nasties we whispered.

BUFFY: Can we not? Talk?

SPIKE: I just don't see why you have to run off so quick. Thought we
could-

BUFFY: Not gonna happen. Last night was the end of this freak show.

SPIKE: (pulling her down into his lap) Don't say that.

BUFFY: What did you think was gonna happen? What, we're gonna read the
newspaper together, play footsie under the rubble?

SPIKE: Not exactly what I had in mind.

BUFFY: Stop!

SPIKE: (grinning) Make me.

BUFFY: No! No!

(she struggles, then kisses him, then pulls back)

BUFFY: No, no, I-I have to-

SPIKE: Stay. I'm stuck here. Sun's up. I knew. I knew the only thing
better than killing a slayer would be f-

BUFFY: What?! (gets up)

BUFFY: Is that what this is about? Doing a slayer?

SPIKE: Well, I wouldn't throw stones, pet. You seem to be quite the
groupie yourself.

BUFFY: Shut up.

SPIKE: I'm just sayin' ... vampires get you hot.

BUFFY: *A* vampire got me hot. One. But he's gone. You're just...
You're just convenient.

SPIKE: (angrily) So, what now? You go back to treating me like dirt
till the next time you get an itch you can't scratch? Well, forget it.
Last night changed things. I'm done being your whipping boy.

BUFFY: Nothing's changed. It was a mistake.

SPIKE: Bollocks! It was a bloody revelation. You can act as high and
mighty as you like ... but I know where you live now, Slayer. I've
tasted it.

BUFFY: Get a grip. Like you're god's gift.

SPIKE: Hardly. Wouldn't be nearly as interesting, would it?

BUFFY: No! Let me go!

SPIKE: I may be dirt ... but you're the one who likes to roll in it,
Slayer. You never had it so good as me. Never.

BUFFY: Uhh, you're bent.

SPIKE: Yeah, and it made you scream, didn't it?

BUFFY: (very angrily) I swear to god, if you tell *anyone* about last
night, I will kill you.

SPIKE: Right. (pulling her underwear out of his pocket) You're gonna
want these, too?(she punches him)

(later)

(spike wakes up when a candle hits him)

BUFFY: God, do you sleep through anything? I was like yelling, and
nothing.

SPIKE: I'm a bit knackered. Had a long night. Someone should teach you
how to use candles in foreplay, luv.

BUFFY: Get dressed. Dawn's missing.

SPIKE: Again? Ever think about a Lojack for the girl? What's the
story?

BUFFY: She went out with Willow.

SPIKE: Willow? That's kind of a sorry excuse to come by. If you want
the touch all you need to do is-

BUFFY: Spike. Willow's into something, okay? Her and Dawn have been
missing for hours. There, there's some guy named Rack.

SPIKE: (concerned) Rack?

BUFFY: Yeah, he's, uh, some sort of-

SPIKE: I know who he is, he deals in magic. Black stuff, dangerous.

BUFFY: I've been all over downtown and I can't find his place.

SPIKE: Because he cloaks it. You can't feel it unless you're into the
big bad - a witch or a vampire or-

BUFFY: So let's go!

(Spike stands up, still naked. Buffy quickly turns her back.)

SPIKE: (sarcastic) Oh, that's right. Hide your blushing eyes.

dc
kelpzoidzl
2009-02-28 05:09:13 UTC
Shut up I can't hear the music.
(give time to let the music download)

http://www.yelpsastound.com/season_seven.htm

dc
Don Stockbauer
2009-02-28 11:15:51 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Shut up I can't hear the music.
(give time to let the music download)
http://www.yelpsastound.com/season_seven.htm
dc
Does anyone here know what's the meaning of that little baby feller
there at the end of 2001: ASO? Thank you.

No Buddhist explanations, please.
MickeyMoop
alt.donlegume.con was like the Harry O'Horror Empire of the BDSers.
Don Stockbauer
2015-07-06 14:10:25 UTC
alt.don.pecan please, Moopskypoo.
MickeyMoop
2015-07-12 00:54:49 UTC
GEN GEN GEN GEN GEN THE TRUE GEN the why and wherefore we're alive ( bwahahaha hsobsob} i know a maniac who hangs around certain barristers, yes? not normal insisting the Rothschilds are really originally Bauers or some such preverion of linguistics and genomes. This group is being taught by rabbies in Vilna, yes.
s***@hotmail.com
2015-07-13 03:41:35 UTC
Post by MickeyMoop
GEN GEN GEN GEN GEN THE TRUE GEN the why and wherefore we're alive ( bwahahaha hsobsob}
Will Genevieve return if longed-after in exquisite corpse-like platitudes? Probably not.

The last AMK post I remember from Gen was her asking me if I was going to the SK LACMA exhibit in late 2012.

If you do Facebook, it's possible Genevieve might be in Rod Munday's Kubrick FB group. You can message him through Facebook or Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/rod.munday
https://twitter.com/rodmunday

Regards,

Steve
MickeyMoop
2015-07-20 01:11:18 UTC
WRONG it's p r e v e r s i o n. Unladies and gentleeggplants, they are having a helluva party at the diner by the galaxy's event horizon with Aubrey Morris and Alex Rocco and the mighty Kubrickians (Hi, Syd!). "Helluva vision" with Zeiss lenses as party favors.
u***@gmail.com
we should always try to get along and compromise
kelpzoidzl
2015-07-21 21:41:24 UTC
<<<
we should always try to get along and compromise >>>

Oh, Eggie-Weggies...I think i'll smas em!