An interesting concept but I think I'll pass
Jan Bielawski
2016-03-18 22:18:40 UTC
If anyone's interested: San Francisco Symphony is presenting "2001" with
live music accompaniment in October:

https://www.sfsymphony.org/Buy-Tickets/2016-2017/2001-A-Space-Odyssey.aspx

Tickets go on sale in July. This means other orchestras are likely presenting
it (given the fact a special soundtrack must be prepared, also a detailed list
of musical cues for the conductor, etc.)

Jan
s***@hotmail.com
2016-03-19 02:47:08 UTC
Post by Jan Bielawski
Tickets go on sale in July. This means other orchestras are likely presenting
it (given the fact a special soundtrack must be prepared, also a detailed list
of musical cues for the conductor, etc.)
Warners prepared a music-free DCP of 2001:aso for the BFI back in 2010 for these live orchestral events. They usually go over well.

Regards,

Steve
Jan Bielawski
2016-03-19 04:32:45 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
Post by Jan Bielawski
Tickets go on sale in July. This means other orchestras are likely presenting
it (given the fact a special soundtrack must be prepared, also a detailed list
of musical cues for the conductor, etc.)
Warners prepared a music-free DCP of 2001:aso for the BFI back in 2010 for these live orchestral events. They usually go over well.
http://youtu.be/xNe47b6rxoI
Thanks! Very interesting. Surprisingly few viewings since 2010 on that video. It must be
difficult to put such event together as Ligeti is very difficult to sing (esp. "Lux aeterna"
with its a cappella micropolyphony). I don't know how one ever conducts "Requiem" too.
It seems sort of free-form but the score is hyper-precise and very complicated, its pages
are so tall they don't fit on the conductor's desk anyway :-)

Jan
kelpzoidzl
2016-03-23 19:32:34 UTC
Sounds like a great event. I wonder if it will happen in CA..?
s***@hotmail.com
2016-03-24 00:22:44 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Sounds like a great event. I wonder if it will happen in CA..?
Last August, with the Los Angeles Philharmonic:

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/live-presentation-of-2001-space-odyssey/2015-08-18/

Review:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-phil-2001-review-20150820-story.html

Regards,

Steve
Jan Bielawski
2016-03-24 20:46:31 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
Post by kelpzoidzl
Sounds like a great event. I wonder if it will happen in CA..?
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/live-presentation-of-2001-space-odyssey/2015-08-18/
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-phil-2001-review-20150820-story.html
Regards,
Steve
Interesting about the Hollywood Bowl. Sounds like they used amplification
for the music - this always kills the sound of classical music.

Jan
kelpzoidzl
2016-03-30 06:03:42 UTC
I guess I missed it.
s***@hotmail.com
2016-04-01 12:11:40 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
I guess I missed it.
Do you go to events like this and the SK LACMA exhibit? I can post L.A. events as I'm apprised of them.

Regards,

Steve
Jan Bielawski
2016-04-01 22:16:03 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
Post by kelpzoidzl
I guess I missed it.
Do you go to events like this and the SK LACMA exhibit? I can post L.A. events as I'm apprised of them.
Regards,
Steve
Also in SF in June-October:
http://www.thecjm.org/on-view/upcoming/stanley-kubrick/about

Jan
s***@hotmail.com
2016-04-02 00:52:54 UTC
Post by Jan Bielawski
http://www.thecjm.org/on-view/upcoming/stanley-kubrick/about
You'll love it. The SK exhibit heads back to Mexico after SF.

Regards,

Steve
kelpzoidzl
2016-04-18 06:22:53 UTC
Bottom line for me is I take care of my elderly mom 24/7.

I managed to sneak out to LA Museum of art show, on the last day, but it was sold out. Lucky so many took pictures and video.
MickeyMoop
2016-04-26 15:36:38 UTC
Kiss her for me, Bodhi. "The exhibit heads back to Mexico..." Gentledroogs, when a plot against the Emperor failed, the losers were allowed to be flung off the Capri cliffs without a mongoose, snake, unleavened bread... I waited 17 yingyangyears for Emilio Carsonio to confirm the Maestro couldn't get up from his desk that ulalume weekend. "That's the ending!" The rest is Zieglerbupkisism.
kelpzoidzl
2016-05-17 20:37:50 UTC
The Hardcover, or Kindle version..(both?) i need to read that now that it's in English.