The Magazine Jack reads in the Overlook lobby...
m***@hotmail.com
2008-03-08 17:56:59 UTC
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for pictures of the magazine
Jack reads:

http://kubrickfilms.tripod.com/id4.html

Here are the features on the front page:

Playgirl, January, 1978 issue.
Interview: The Selling Of (Starsky & Hutch's) David Soul
Incest: Why Parents Sleep With their Children
New 7-Day Wonder Diet
Rate yourself- Do you communicate in bed?
How Your Tax Dollars Give New Identities To Convicted Criminals
How to avoid a dead end affair

Spooky stuff. Kubrick obviously chose the magazine for symbolic
reasons. I wonder if there are any closeups of Jack reading the
magazine on the cutting room floor. I understand only about 1 percent
of shot footage was used for The Shining's final cut.
Wordsmith
2008-03-08 20:33:59 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for pictures of the magazine
http://kubrickfilms.tripod.com/id4.html
Playgirl, January, 1978 issue.
Interview: The Selling Of (Starsky & Hutch's) David Soul
Incest: Why Parents Sleep With their Children
New 7-Day Wonder Diet
Rate yourself- Do you communicate in bed?
How Your Tax Dollars Give New Identities To Convicted Criminals
How to avoid a dead end affair
Spooky stuff. Kubrick obviously chose the magazine for symbolic
reasons. I wonder if there are any closeups of Jack reading the
magazine on the cutting room floor. I understand only about 1 percent
of shot footage was used for The Shining's final cut.
"1 percent"???!!? I know Stanley was never stingy on exposing
film stock, but... *shrug*

W : )
m***@hotmail.com
2008-03-10 02:09:56 UTC
Post by Wordsmith
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for pictures of the magazine
http://kubrickfilms.tripod.com/id4.html
Playgirl, January, 1978 issue.
Interview: The Selling Of (Starsky & Hutch's) David Soul
Incest: Why Parents Sleep With their Children
New 7-Day Wonder Diet
Rate yourself- Do you communicate in bed?
How Your Tax Dollars Give New Identities To Convicted Criminals
How to avoid a dead end affair
Spooky stuff. Kubrick obviously chose the magazine for symbolic
reasons. I wonder if there are any closeups of Jack reading the
magazine on the cutting room floor. I understand only about 1 percent
of shot footage was used for The Shining's final cut.
"1 percent"???!!? I know Stanley was never stingy on exposing
film stock, but... *shrug*
W : )- Hide quoted text -
Oops, that should be 10 percent.
Wordsmith
2008-03-10 21:19:04 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Wordsmith
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for pictures of the magazine
http://kubrickfilms.tripod.com/id4.html
Playgirl, January, 1978 issue.
Interview: The Selling Of (Starsky & Hutch's) David Soul
Incest: Why Parents Sleep With their Children
New 7-Day Wonder Diet
Rate yourself- Do you communicate in bed?
How Your Tax Dollars Give New Identities To Convicted Criminals
How to avoid a dead end affair
Spooky stuff. Kubrick obviously chose the magazine for symbolic
reasons. I wonder if there are any closeups of Jack reading the
magazine on the cutting room floor. I understand only about 1 percent
of shot footage was used for The Shining's final cut.
"1 percent"???!!? I know Stanley was never stingy on exposing
film stock, but... *shrug*
W : )- Hide quoted text -
Oops, that should be 10 percent.
That's more like it.