Doc on Leon Vitali "Filmworker" screens at Cannes Classics 2017
Add Reply
s***@hotmail.com
2017-05-10 23:49:15 UTC
http://www.thefilmcollaborative.org/fiscalsponsorship/projects/filmworker/

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/cannes-classics-2017-lineup-belle-de-jour-stanley-kubrick-doc-all-that-jazz-1201811959/

Regards,

Steve
kelpzoidzl
2017-05-11 17:20:47 UTC
The first link appears to be broken

Wow. I'll look forward to seeing this.
s***@hotmail.com
2017-05-11 19:03:51 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
The first link appears to be broken
Try this, instead:

http://tinyurl.com/k4vmdzj

Steve
s***@hotmail.com
2017-05-23 23:33:57 UTC
"Filmworker" Cannes reviews:

http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/filmworker-review-cannes-stanley-kubrick-1202433481/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/filmworker-review-1004939

While in Cannes, Vitali confirmed that BL is being restored in 4K, to be followed by other SK Warner titles.

Steve
kelpzoidzl
2017-05-25 08:05:14 UTC
Where, when!? To see this... This is exciting,
s***@hotmail.com
2017-06-16 08:02:11 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
Where, when!? To see this... This is exciting,
A new website and FB page (lots of good photos), but no release date as yet:

http://filmworker.com/

https://twitter.com/SK13movie

Steve
s***@hotmail.com
2017-07-18 01:08:54 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
While in Cannes, Vitali confirmed that BL is being restored in 4K, to be followed by other SK Warner titles.
Criterion has announced the 4K restoration of BL for October 17, 2017, with many new and extensive extras:

https://www.criterion.com/films/29008-barry-lyndon/

Regards,

Steve
kelpzoidzl
2017-07-19 00:00:33 UTC
I'll probably go the 70mm route.
kelpzoidzl
2017-07-19 00:11:52 UTC
Whoops last comment intended on the Dunkirk convo.

For the new BL I guess it's time to start looking at the new players.
s***@hotmail.com
2017-07-19 17:41:39 UTC
Post by kelpzoidzl
For the new BL I guess it's time to start looking at the new players.
No 4K Blu-ray announced as yet, but Criterion's addressed the Warner aspect ratio debacle and presented BL in 1.66:1.

Steve